Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Well, it's after 2:00 PM-

- and the Amazing Kreskin hasn't called.

Maybe all the reading I've been doing on him these days has rubbed off on me, because somehow I knew he wouldn't call.

I just knew it.

My powers are only just beginning to manifest, and I find the transformation exhilarating. Yes, there is some fear, and some doubt, but with birthing comes pains, and I will be all the stronger for it.

I'll give Kreskin's management a call tonight, and we'll see if we can't get him on before the conference finals.

For now though, I will be picking the winners of the remaining four playoff races using Kreskin's method for picking lottery numbers, which is available on his website, by clicking the "Lottery" tab on the upper right. I quote:


All you will need to be successful is a pad, a pen and a nice quiet spot where you can sit back and relax for a few minutes. It is very important that there are no distractions, so you will want a room free from the blaring of the radio or a television. Once you get into a nice comfortable position, close your eyes and take three deep breaths. Hold the third breath for the count of five and release it, along with all the stress you have built up throughout the day. Repeat this process as many times as necessary until you feel completely relaxed and your mind is clear.

Once you have reached this state you are ready to start finding your winner. Begin by concentrating on numbers in your head. Let the numbers run randomly through your mind, don't try to grab on to any yet, just let them dance around without attaching any particular significance to any number. Take a few minutes and get acquainted with the numbers. For years you have used them in your every day life and have taken them for granted, but now it is time to find that special set of numbers that will change your life forever.

When you feel that you have connected with the numbers, I want you to reach out with your mind and randomly grab one from the bunch, take your pen and write it down, but make sure you don't break your concentration. Repeat the process until you have chosen the correct amount of numbers to play your favorite lottery game.



Sweet.

I'm on it.

For both the victor of each playoff series, and the number of games, I will be repeating Kreskin's method.

I sat in my comfortable new chair, turned off all TV's, radios, and computers and started letting first the teams then the numbers 4-7 run randomly through my head.

Deep Breath.

Deep Breath.

Deep Breath- Hold it- and exhale with 5-4-3-2-1.

The winner of the Rangers and Buffalo will be:

Buffalo


They will win in the following number of games:

4

The winner of the Devils and Senators will be:

Senators


They will win in the following number of games:

5

The winner of the Sharks and Red Wings will be:

Sharks

They will win in the following number of games:

5

The winner of the Ducks and Canucks will be:

Ducks

They will win in the following number of games:

7


Well, there you have it.

My Stanley Cup second round playoff picks based on the methods of the Amazing Kreskin for picking lottery numbers.

We'll see how I did, and if I blow it, hopefully we can get Kreskin on the horn, and see what I did wrong.

If you make it up to his Toronto show, put in a good word for me, will ya?

No comments: