Wednesday, April 11, 2007

"Versus" network, you annoy me.

I'm typing this while watching the Penguins try to weather the storm against the Senators, and it looks like Jordan Staal is the only one who showed up.

Still, while I am all in favor of watching the Penguins get bitchslapped, I'm more than a little pissed that Versus is not broadcasting these games in HD. I would like to be able to see the girlish tears of Sidney Crosby splashing to the ice with every megapixel possible.

Also, their lame-ass promo that talks about past playoff success stories mentions that "in 2001, the Stanley Cup engraver finally had to learn to spell Bourque."

Hey dickheads, Phil Bourque won two cups with the Penguins in the early '90's.

Even I knew that, and I hate the fucking Penguins.

Also, if we're writing promos about the rigors of spellchecking that Stanley Cup engravers had to endure in 2001, where's the promo for Bourque teammate Ville Nieminen?

Get your heads out of your asses, Versus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Versus did broadcast the game in HD, it is up to your cable company to put that in HD, or actually pick up the Versus/Golf HD Channel. It ain't Versus, it is your cable company.

Your cable company needs to get their head out of their ass. All Versus games are broadcast in HD.

Anonymous said...

Thank G I'm up here in Edmonton where it's on several channels, and I couldn't get away from it if I tried. GO SABRES!!

Ben said...

OK, so they knew how to spell Bourque. But did they know how to spell "Ray?"

Because it's pretty easy.