Monday, June 12, 2006

THANK YOU FANS!

Yes, I'm talking to you, the fans of American Hockey Fan.

You unwashed masses (and by masses, I mean up to 60 every day) who rally to the site for my particular brand of cynicism, profanity and mean-spirited grousing inspired by the world of the NHL.

I'm talking directly to you guys right now.

You listening?

Good.

Now piss off.

Yes, like the NHL for the entirety of last season, I have decided that I don't get paid enough to do this, so fuck you- I'm leaving. If you don't like it, talk to Jeremy Roenick. He's a moron, but "gives good sound bite." When my silly little tantrum is over, I will have been dropped by blogspot, and forced onto on a significantly smaller blog program, that tries harder, but is known mostly for blogs about parasailing, deer ticks, and unsuccessful fishing voyages.

It will be unavailable on most computers.

Die hard fans will lament it's loss, but most internet users will claim never to have missed it, and will write snarky blog posts about it's low sitemeter ratings, and how it will never again be one of the "big four" sports blogs.

Somewhere, someone, will write a new blog, fighting for the rights of the fans of this blog; it will be called "American Hockey Fan Fan" and it too will rise to glory, until it's owner leaves as well.

Actually, the blog isn't going anywhere, I'm going to Maine on vacation for a few days, and my buddy Ben will be guest blogging until Thursday. I mean, I wouldn't just walk out on you guys- locking you out from what you have come to expect for a season or more, would I?

I mean, what kind of dirtbag organization would do something like that?

I mean, to get away with something like that, and have the fans return- well you'd have to do something really extraordinary.

You know like write the words "THANK YOU FANS" really, really big.

You know, so big that even the people in the 60 dollar cheap seats can read it.

I'll be back on Friday-

Be nice to Ben.

THANK YOU FANS!

1 comment:

Brushback said...

Hey, ironic humor-- I like it.

THANK YOU FANS!!