Tuesday, June 06, 2006

And with the Stanley Cup Finals...

...out come the hockey haters.

Here's a particularly lazy one, from the Boston Globe, along with ESPN's typical weekly " no one watches hockey anyway, and the fact that we give women's golf bigger play on Sportscenter has nothing to do with that" piece.

But for sheer douchebaggery, this guy has to take the cake. Here we have a guy who gets paid to write about hockey bitching about how hockey sucks because it's no fun to be the only guy in your country interested in it.

Wow, nobody to talk hockey with?

That's kind of like the problem of EVERY SINGLE HOCKEY FAN IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

Christ, what a pussy.

I have never missed the broadcast of the Stanley Cup being raised in over 25 years, and I'd say that for a full half of those times, at least 15, I've been either watching it by myself, eagerly explaining the game to an interested newcomer or been the only guy in the bar who remotely gave a crap.

Hockey is, in my opinion, the best sport to play and the best sport to watch.

Obviously, not everybody feels that way, but hey- that's their loss.

And I suppose, Ty Conklin's gain. The fewer people chatting about that one, the happier he'll be.

Fuck it. It's the Stanley Cup finals.

I'll be watching tomorrow.

Anybody wanna come over?

No comments: