Thursday, October 25, 2007

Am I the only one-



-who hears the first words of that "Hockey Fights Cancer" promo and gets confused? It starts out with an announcer saying the words "Hockey Fights Cancer," but before they can even get to the word "cancer," I hear the words "hockey fights" and get all excited that I'm about to see one. Then they get to the cancer part, and I get all depressed that I was just amped up for some good old fashioned violence and now I am reminded of the stark, harsh reality of "the Big C."

Of course it doesn't help that they play that slow mournful "don't give up" song either.

Maybe there is some way they can combine the two. On the World Series last night, they mentioned that when the first player steals a base, America gets a taco. How about whenever anybody gets in a fight in the NHL, they put up the Hockey Fights Cancer logo and phone number after the fight is over and the boys are heading to the penalty boxes. That way, we can still have our enjoyment in bloodlust, but if we're feeling at all bad about it, we can dial the number and help battle the big C.

Plus, I'd love to see Derek Boogaard get interviewed in the locker room after a knock -down, drag out saying something to the effect of "I didn't want to do it, I'm just concerned about all those sick kids."

Other hockey sites have news and commentary, but only American Hockey Fans consistently provides workable solutions to the NHL's problems.

Who's with me!?

No comments: