Saturday, June 02, 2007

You are very welcome, Mr. Drury.


Not bad, eh?

Here's the story:

We know this guy who knows a guy who happens to be an extraordinarily talented professional photographer who occasionally shoots hockey games, and is a fan of the site.

So when Chris Drury's father-in-law saw this great picture of his daughter's husband winning a loose puck battle with what appears to be a large woman, he tracked down the photographer and got in contact with him. One thing led to another, and here we are.

How about them apples?

So, not to brag or nothing, but this site has just been thanked by a Stanley Cup, Beanpot, Hobey Baker, Calder Memorial Trophy and Little League World Series winner, which, in my view, officially makes us famous.

Or at the very least, makes us guys who know a guy who knows a guy who has a daughter that happened to marry a guy who is famous.

In Buffalo.

Still, it's pretty f-ing sweet, if you ask me.

He also threw in these pics for Sabres fans Jack and Jen.




It's a nice thing, super cool that Chris Drury knows who we are, (or at least wondered for a few seconds) and super big thanks to YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE for scoring the pics for us. I'm no good at sentimentalism, but I think I speak for everyone here at AHF when I say, "Suck it, Bflo Blog!"

5 comments:

Brushback said...

Well, at least you got your pictures working.

Stevens8204 said...

Awesome pics btw....come check us out on The NHL Arena Program.

Great funny blog too...always helps.

Anonymous said...

Schweeeet!

that will look good on the wall.

congrats AHF!

Unknown said...

You know, I COULD brag about that time that I snagged a chewed up piece of Chris Drury's mouthguard that he had spit out, but that would be so, well, uncouth.

But each blog has their own standards of decorum, I suppose.

Mike at MHH said...

I am so jealous of you guys right now...