Saturday, April 22, 2006

Late night.

So- do you ever have one of those nights?

You know, the ones where instead of writing insightful hockey commentary you just end up getting drunk and taking digital photos of the cat?

I guess what I'm saying is you're all lucky I can't find that cable that lets me upload photos from the camera.

What I can do is show you this:



I mean, holy crap.

The really great thing about YouTube is that when you got nothing, you can direct attention to something far more entertaining than your blog.

In terms of tonight's action, (That I could watch, anyway- I only have OLN) both teams that were expected to win (Wings, Flames) did, and both underdogs lost in overtime. Also, both the Ducks and the Oilers had some lucky bounces to even get there, so I can't say I feel good about their chances.

I love the heart of the Oilers, and Shawn Horcoff might be the most underrated player in the NHL right now, but they're gonna get beat up in a long series. I mean, really- Michael Peca takes the net off it's moorings with his fucking throat and they still lose?

That's a lot to overcome.

Roloson has NOTHING to be ashamed of either. What a game, especially when he played a little possum there to give his team a breather.

In terms of the Ducks, I'm sorry if you like them, but I still just can't find any room in my heart to root for a team named after a fucking Emilio Estevez movie.

And the thing that kills me about that is even if you were going to name an NHL franchise after an Emilio Estevez movie (WHICH YOU SHOULDN'T), there are so many other Emilio Estevez movies that would make better team names.

I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't have any objections to rooting for the Anaheim Repo Men.

Or, say- the Vancouver Men at Work.

Dallas Young Guns?

Fuck it.

It's quarter to 2:00 and I have to work in the morning.

Let's go get sushi and not pay.

No comments: