Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sunday, sunday sunday.

Well, it's Sunday today, and if you're a serious hockey fan in America you gotta love Sunday, as it's pretty much the only day of the week that you can count on a small dose of extended, thoughtful hockey coverage in your local newspapers.

Hockey journalism in conventional newspapers is slipping fast, with many papers relying on AP feeds and many refusing to even send reporters to road games. The logical response to this by levelheaded hockey folks all over the country is to embrace hockey bloggers, which, I admit, makes a good deal of sense. Guys like Eric over at Off Wing and Paul over at Kukla's Korner have picked up that banner and run with it nobly, with both the excellent blogs they maintain and the cherry gigs they've picked up over at NBC Sports and NHL.com respectively. And while that's great news for both those guys personally and for fans of the game everywhere, at the same time, I'm a bit of a conservative, and I weep for the loss of newsprint.

So on the one hand, while I feel uniquely blessed that live in a world where I can pop over to the Battle of California and watch Derek Boogard cleaning Todd Fedoruk's fucking clock, I'm also painfully aware that I can't really do so while taking a shit.

So it's Sunday today, and I give thanks for both Larry Brooks and Kevin Paul DuPont.

in fact. I'm gonna print both of those out right now, and recuse myself for, oh- say, 15 to 20 minutes.

It's Sunday- and a man cannot be rushed.

Don't worry, I'll light a match.

2 comments:

Dirk Hoag said...

You obviously need a Tablet PC - it's the weapon of choice for the net surfer who's on the go...

vh2k6 said...

BOOGAARD!

I fucking hate Fedoruk, so I like to see him get demolished. Same goes for Steve Ott who got knocked out by Tom Kostopolous the other day.

Ott said it was his ankle that hurt, but what I think happened was that when he was asked what hurt, he pointed to his head and made a "gargling" sound that perhaps sounded like ankle.