Thursday, October 26, 2006

Played hockey last night.

You heard me.

Ice Hockey.

Boards, goalies, sticks and pucks all on a killer outside rink in the northern most part of Central Park. I haven't played ice hockey for a couple of years, it's tough to get the ice time and the legalities sorted out here in New York City, but god damn is it worth it when you do.

I'll tell you, if there is a better sensation than hitting the ice, taking a few hard strides for the first skate of the season and hearing and feeling that nice thick, heavy smack of a fast hockey puck hitting your tape with a fast moving pass, I don't know what it is.

Wait.

Lemme rephrase that.

I'll tell you, if there are two better sensations than hitting the ice, taking a few hard strides for the first skate of the season and hearing and feeling that nice thick, heavy smack of a fast hockey puck hitting your tape with a fast moving pass, I don't know what the second one is.

I can think of one, but I'll thank you to remember, I'm a gentleman.

So, I'll probably get a ton of new readers today, as Pronger played the Ducks last night, and everybody will be googling him and his wife again. Those posts, are here and here if you're concerned, but if you're interested in the present, any predictions for the Atlanta/Buffalo game on Saturday?

That should be a barn burner.

3 comments:

vh2k6 said...

8-7 in 14 rounds of 14-13 shootout hockey.

One of Atlanta's shit centers is going to fuck up in the 14th round of the shootout and the Sabres will win.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there.

Doogie2K said...

Battle of Alberta and Covered in Oil are putting on a street hockey game tomorrow, which sounds like a total blast. I wish I was going.