Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My friend Adam Felber has written a book:



And you all should go out and buy a copy.

Adam grew up on Long Island, was a fan of the Islanders growing up, is a regular performer on NPR, and used to play the keyboards at the late, great Felber's Frolics comedy show on 54th street in Manhattan. He also does a very funny blog about politics along with Daily Show Alums Chris Regan (who is also my pal) and Mo Rocca, (who I was in a movie with once.)

The novel is called "Schrodinger's Ball," and there should be an umlaut over the "o" there, but I still don't know how to do that on blogger, which incidentally, is also the reason I've been delaying my post about playing four-on-four street hockey with the members of Motley Crue.

(That was a lie.)

Insofar as I can tell, the book has nothing to do with the game of hockey in any way, shape or form, which still makes it better than the majority of hockey books available in stores today.

Now go buy it.

I mean, c'mon.

Shouldn't we all be doing something nice for Islanders fans this year?

I mean, if I opened the sports pages about my favorite hockey team, and saw stuff like this, well- I might contemplate writing a comic novel based on a metaphor from the world of quantum physics intended to illustrate the simultaneous potentiality of particle and wave as well.

Oh, and in case that sounds too heady, the metaphor is a dead cat in a box.

Or maybe it's alive.

Get it?

Just read the book, dickheads, there's no hockey till October anyway.

No comments: